Van's done! - Almost..



Yay!!! The major painting on the van is DONE! It took two days to do the roof - I wanted to make sure it was dry before crawling up there again today. Cool weather made it so much nicer and although I got some sun, I didn't bake. I'm amazed how much cooler the inside of the van is now that it's totally white. At noon - with temps 80 degrees outside, it was still 65 inside and was sitting in direct sunlight. I think if I put the reflectix up it would have been even cooler. I still need to go back at some point, sand down the few runs, places where bugs and crud got stuck and touch up some things, but the bulk of the hard work is done. I can take my time on the other and it will give me something to do on the road when I get bored. I also need to touch up the area around the windshield and scrape the excess paint off of the glass. Piece of cake!

Now - moving to the inside. I need storage - more of it. Fortunately I've figured that out too. Just need to do the bed for the dog and a small box for supplies and I'm done. There's painting to be done inside and some cosmetic touches, but overall? I'm pretty pleased. I'm planning on a yard sale this weekend if it doesn't rain - then will head to TN for the week. Test run to see how the van will do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment