Why vandwelling?

People *get it* that I want to travel, see the country and have a great time. That part of vandwelling they understand. They don't understand the fact I enjoy living in the van, or having all my stuff within arm's reach, or being able to clean my entire "house" in 20 minutes. They don't understand that what I want to do isn't a year-long vacation. It's more.

I'm a story-teller. It's what I do - tell people's stories. I'm a writer, a journalist of more than 22 years, a photographer. What fascinates me are people's stories. This trip is going to be about "people's stories." Because I think stories spread ideas and ideas spreading creates change, which in turn creates a better life for us all. If you don't understand that, then check out this video of Seth Godin, speaking at TED 2009 in California:



If you're interested in what he's saying, read his book, "Tribes." Lots more details in there. By hitting the road and putting MY skills to work, I can help people I meet by helping them tell their story and get the word out about what's important to them. And that's a huge part of why I am doing this. I could stay in one place and do the same thing. But that's not me. I want more. Plus -it's hard to find a lot of people in one place that are really passionate about an idea. You have to move around. So I am. I hope you join me on the journey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment